Barrie Real Estate Sales: Year-to-date vs Same Time Year Ago
Friday May 18th, 2018
Year-to-date vs Same Time Year Ago On a year-to-date basis (January 1, 2018 – April 30, 2018), residential home sales amounted to 1243 units, which is a 39.6% decline from the same time in 2017. In the first four months of 2018, the average price for sold residential units was $498,459. This figure is 10.1% less than the average price for sold units in the first four months of 2017.
Within the City of Barrie, residential sales figures declined by 44.2% from 2017 and came in at 610 units between January 1, 2018 to April 30, 2018. This decline in sales is more than total Simcoe County (-39.6%). The average price of homes in the City of Barrie at this time was $477,717 and is 9.6% less than the average price of homes during the same time last year. The decline in average price is about the same as the total Simcoe region (-10.1%). In the remaining areas of Simcoe County, sales figures came in at 633 units sold, a decline of 34.3%. The decline is less than that of total Simcoe County (-39.6%).
The average price of sold homes during this time for Simcoe County excluding Barrie was $518,447. This average price is 11.3% less than that of the same time last year, and the decline in price is approximately the same as that of the whole Simcoe County (-10.1%). In the first four months of 2018, the City of Barrie made up 45.2% of residential units sold in Simcoe County and the remaining Simcoe County made up 54.7% of sales. In the first four months of 2017, the City of Barrie constituted the majority of residential sales in Simcoe County with 52.6% of sales, and the remaining areas constituted 47.4% of sales. The Barrie & District Association of REALTORS® (BDAR) cautions that over a period of time the usage of average price
information can be useful in establishing trends, but it does not indicate actual prices in widely divergent areas or account for price differentials between geographic areas. The prices reflected in this media release are based on residential detached homes sold via the BDAR MLS® System only.
Post a comment